New York Office – Global Policy Intern
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic intern with a keen interest in sustainable development and international relations to work with us on a part time basis for three months. The successful candidate will participate in a variety of activities for Stakeholder Forum’s global policy work around the United Nations, including around the follow-up processes from the Rio+20 Conference and the post-2015 development agenda.
We are therefore looking for a candidate with the following interests and skills;
- Proven interest in environment and sustainable development issues
- Excellent inter-personal and networking skills
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to balance workloads to meet deadlines
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Dedication to enhancing stakeholder engagement in the work of sustainable development and the United Nations
The candidate may undertake the following activities with Stakeholder Forum’s work around the United Nations in New York:
- Attending and reporting back on key meetings in New York, including writing and blogging for Stakeholder Forum’s online platforms
- Assisting with communications and outreach products, including with Stakeholder Forum’s London team
- Providing logistical support for various events hosted by Stakeholder Forum around the United Nations
- Serve as resource for governments and other stakeholders around key sustainable development and climate change processes at the UN
Please note that this is an unpaid position based in our New York office. Stakeholder Forum will reimburse daily travel and lunch costs of up to $15 per day.
The candidate will need to be able to commit to at least three days a week, beginning as soon as possible, ideally in mid-June.
Deadline for all applications is 7 PM EST, Friday June 13th, 2014. Due to the expected large number of applications received we will not be able to inform unsuccessful candidates.
Please forward a CV and cover letter (no more than one page) to John Romano at [email protected].