CIF 2010 Partnership Forum
At the request of the Climate Investment Fund (CIF) Administration Unit, Stakeholder Forum supported the mobilisation and engagement of stakeholders for the CIF 2010 Partnership Forum in Manila.
The Climate Investment Funds are a pair of financing instruments designed to support low-carbon and climate-resilient development through scaled-up financing channelled through the African Development Bank , Asian Development Bank , European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Inter-American Development Bank , and World Bank Group. The Funds are made up of the Clean Technology Fund and the Strategic Climate Fund.
The CIF 2010 Partnership Forum, 18th and 19th March 2010, sought to provide a space to share lessons learned from the CIF initial design process and from early implementation of the CIF-funded projects. It provided an opportunity for stakeholders to interact with one another and governments, and to inform the decision-making process.
In preparation for the CIF 2010 Partnership Forum, Stakeholder Forum:
- facilitated a self-selection process for NGOs, supporting the development of a criteria for selecting representatives to be funded to attend the meeting;
- generated awareness amongst all stakeholder groups of the CIF 2010 Partnership Forum.
During the CIF 2010 Partnership Forum, Stakeholder Forum also:
- produced a full procedure report from the meeting available for participating and non-participating stakeholders;
- engaged stakeholders in roundtable discussions on the conference program areas with the production of radio programs; and
- produced a series of podcasts live from the CIF 2010 Partnership Forum that were shared amongst stakeholders unable to attend the conference.
Stakeholder Forum will again support the preparatory process to encourage effective engagement at the CIF 2011 Partnership Forum, hosted by the African Development Bank in Tunis, Tunisia.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR FUNDING TO ATTEND THE CIF PARTNERSHIP FORUM 2011